Manure Distribution Info


Requirements to place Manure Distribution Tank within Town Right-of-Way

1) Annual Permit Application to be completed by owner of dairy where manure is being generated. Permit can be found on Town of Brillion website at, at no cost, or by calling Darryl Parkin at 920-875-0175. Town must be notified 24 hours in advance of work beginning to view and approve the project site.

2) Follow Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) at for information on work zone signage and installation within the work zone. (Signs shall be at least 48” x 48” with prismatic sheeting or higher grade intensity).

3) Night operations of Manure Distribution Tank and equipment within town road right-of-way shall be allowed as long as proper signage and flashing lights are utilized. The distribution tank does not need to be removed from the town road right-of-way daily as long as said tank is properly marked.

4) Cost of repairs to the dispensing location will be bore by the manure supplier and contracted hauler for damages to roadway, edge of roadway, shoulder, ditch foreslope/backslope, R/W etc.

5) Manure Supplier and Contracted Hauler shall follow insurance requirements listed below:

a. Liability Insurance – Dairy and Contracted Hauler will maintain such general liability, vehicle liability, and property damage insurance as shall protect the Dairy and Contractor from all claims for liability, damages, personal injury, including accidental death, as well as from claims for property damages which may arise. The minimum amount of insurance shall be as follows:

i. Farm and/or General Liability Coverage
$1,000,000 General Aggregate
$ 500,000 each occurrence limit

ii. Farm and/or Business Automobile Coverage
Limits - $500,000 each person/$500,000 each accident for Bodily Injury and $100,000 for Property Damage

$1,000,000 Combined Single Limit for Bodily Injury and Property Damage each accident

iii. Pollution Liability Coverage
$1,000,000 General Aggregate
$1,000,000 each occurrence limit

6) No more than four (4) trucks, including the truck unloading, shall be parked on the road where the tank is located.

7) No tank shall be placed between a Stop Ahead sign and the Stop Sign or that distance from Stop Sign if there is no Stop Ahead sign. If there is no other place to put tank, at least one (1) flag person shall be required. The Town of Brillion will make the final decision on how many flaggers will be required.

Manure Hauler and Contracted Hauler shall provide confirmation of coverage by providing a Certificate of Insurance to the Town prior to commencing distribution activities. All insurance companies shall be licensed to sell insurance in the State of Wisconsin.

As a courtesy, the Calumet County Sheriff’s Department should be called to let them know where the tank is located in case they receive calls regarding this they are aware of it. The phone number for the Calumet County Sherriff’s Department is 920-849-2335.

Adopted this 9th day of June, 2015.